The British Orthodontic Society Foundation has been set up to address this urgent and growing need - as a profession we intend to turn the tide and ensure that orthodontics prospers in future years.
To achieve this the Foundation has two key aims:
- To promote, sponsor and fund research into better prevention and care of facial deformity and malocclusion. This includes enabling researchers to make progress in evidence-based orthodontic care.
- To encourage inspired teaching ensuring that orthodontists have high aspirations, are well informed, caring, valued and responsible. Young, able and enthusiastic academics will receive real assistance in developing their teaching, patient care and research abilities.
The Foundation has three main goals:
- Support high quality research to investigate what treatment methods and goals are most effective.
- Fund innovative research leading to new, improved treatment methods.
- Award Training Fellowships to enable young orthodontists to complete their PhD and academic training.
To achieve these important aims, the British Orthodontic Society Foundation has identified the urgent need to raise over £100,000 per year.